The Youth Services Board is an advisory board to the Tompkins County Youth Services Department and the Tompkins County Legislature. Members are appointed by their respective municipalities and serve as representatives of their communities. Adult members are appointed for three-year terms renewable as determined by the appointing municipality. Youth members (ages 16-20) are appointed for two-year renewable terms. All board members must be residents of Tompkins County and must complete the Tompkins County Advisory board application.
Beginning in January of 2018, Youth Services Board meetings will occur on the last Monday of each month from 5:00-6:30pm. Meetings are typically held at the Human Services Building located at 320 W. State/MLK Jr. Street, Ithaca NY. An annual retreat is held in February and the board does not typically meet in August. All meetings are open to the public.
- January 2019
- February 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- September 2019 - Monday, September 30, 2019
- October 2019 - Monday, October 28, 2019
- November 2019 - Monday, November 25, 2019.
- December 2019 - TBD.
- May '19 approved Board minutes
- April '19 approved Board minutes
- February '19 approved Board minutes
- January '19 approved Board minutes
- All 2018 Approved Board Meeting Minutes
- All 2017 Approved Board Meeting Minutes
Board Member Roles
Board members are responsible for:
- developing multi-year plans that include goals linked to community priorities based on locally identified youth needs, gaps in services, and opportunities for coordination.
- reviewing grant proposals that address the needs, goals, and priorities contained within the departmental comprehensive plan. Each year the board members recommend how to allocate approximately $1 million in state and county funding to local agencies and communities that plan and sponsor youth development programming throughout Tompkins County.
- supporting the work of the Youth Services Staff members as they gather, analyze and share data on youth needs; collaborate with others to develop a supportive services for youth; monitor funded programs; implement metrics to trace programmatic performance; provide training and technical assistance to nine community based youth commissions and agencies that serve young people; coordinate a wide variety of public and private services for children, youth and families.
- participating in their communities while learning about the youth needs of each of their appointed towns.
- serving as a liaison between the County Youth Services Board and their respective municipality, attending town and/or village board meetings as needed.
- advocating for youth from throughout Tompkins County.
|Kathy Servoss - Chairperson||Town and Villages of Dryden & Freeville|
|Patty VandeBogart - Vice Chair||At-large Member|
|Ronny Hardaway - Secretary||Village of Lansing|
|Pete Angie||Town of Ulysses and Village of Trumansburg|
|Shawna Black||Legislative Liaison|
|Lisa Campbell||Town of Lansing|
|Jennifer Dean||Town and Village of Groton|
|Tamer Elshourbagy||At-Large Member|
|Karlem Sivira Gimenez||City of Ithaca|
|Austin Kuczek||Town of Newfield|
|Barbara Sadovnic||Town of Enfield|
|Kelly Sauve||Town of Ithaca|
|Ian Schachner||At-large Member|
|Magdalena Smith||At-large Member|
|Sara Watrous||At-large Member|
|Bernice Yarosh||At-large Member|
|The Youth Services Board is currently looking for representatives from these municipalities:|
|(1)||Town of Caroline|
|(1)||Town of Danby|
If you are interested in applying for an appointment to the Youth Services Board, please contact Bridgette Nugent or call (607) 274-5310.
* Pending Appointment by the Tompkins County Legislature