If you know of a link that would be helpful on this page, contact County Youth Services.
Summer 2020 Helpful Guidance and Resources
- Summer Camp Guide - Updated on an ongoing basis with Summer 2020 information
- NYS Guidance for Operating Summer Day Camps and Daycare
- NYS Guidance for Youth Sports and Recreation
- Press Release on Summer Youth 2020 Planning Taskforce
Resources for Parents & Caregivers
- 2-1-1 - Tompkins/Cortland Resource Database (up to date information on available supports and resources)
- COVID-19 Related Resources
- Child Development Council - Information on childcare and support for parents/caregivers. Warm Line: 607-273-0259
- Tompkins Food Task Force - Information on available supports and resources related to food in Tompkins County
- Tompkins County Legislators
- ACT For Youth - The newly redesigned ACT for Youth website offers many new youth development resources, including a database of dozens of articles, presentations, and tools. Popular topics include positive youth development, youth engagement, community collaboration, evaluation, adolescent development, and adolescent sexual health. The site is managed by ACT for Youth Center of Excellence, a partnership among Cornell University Family Life Development Center, Cornell University Cooperative Extension of New York City, New York State Center for School Safety, and the University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Collaborative Solutions Network - Provides information to assist school personnel and helping professionals in Tompkins, Seneca, and surrounding counties with making referrals for student mental health issues, and to provide resources for assisting students, families, and teaching staff.
- Every Student Present - A toolkit on how parents can support their children, especially with issues related to school anxiety and school refusal.
- Family Resource Connection - Tompkins - A collaboration of organizations that provide services for families with young children in the home.
- Ithaca Family Fun - Local information hub for parents and caregivers looking for family friendly activities in Ithaca and Tompkins County.
- NYS Justice Center - New FAQ distributed by the Justice Center for the protection of people with special needs.
- Common Sense Media - Free cyberbullying toolkit for educators
- Stopbullying.gov - Facts, advice and strategies for youth, educators, parents, workplaces
- STEPS Online Anti-Bullying Guidebook - Free resource for parents, educators, youth, and community
- Mental Health - Available resources in Tompkins County for mental health support
Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment
- Community Coalition for Healthy Youth - An alliance between schools, government and neighborhoods working to develop strategies to reduce alcohol and other substance abuse in Ithaca and Tompkins County
- Alcohol & Drug Council of Tompkins County
- Cayuga Addiction Recovery Services (CARS)
- NY Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
Research and Best Practices
- Child Trends - Child Trends is a nonprofit, nonpartisan research center striving to improve outcomes for children by providing research, data, and analysis.
- Federal Office of Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention - Summaries of studies, program evaluations and model resources
- National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices - Programs to reduce substance abuse & other risk behaviors
- NY Office of Children and Family Services - This website has helpful information about developing program outcomes as well as identifying effective programs.
- Results Based Accountability (RBA) - Data-driven framework used by communities and organizations to measure program performance.