Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Committee
Leslyn McBean-Clairborne, Chair
This Committee meets the 4th Wednesday of each month at 3:30 p.m.
Diversity Statement adopted by the Tompkins County Legislature July 5, 2005
Tompkins County government is committed to creating a diverse and fully inclusive workplace that strengthens our organization and enhances our ability to adapt to change by developing and maintaining:
- An organization-wide understanding and acceptance of the purpose and reasons for diversity;
- Recruitment and retention policies that assure a diverse workforce;
- A workplace environment that is welcoming and supportive of all;
- Awareness, understanding, and education regarding diversity issues;
- Zero tolerance for expressions of discrimination, bias, harassment, stereotyping, or disrespect toward any person or group; a workforce ethic that embraces diversity and makes it the norm for all interactions, including delivery of services to the public.