Our Guiding Principles
Our beliefs about the people we serve:
- We believe that community protection and public safety is a priority in the delivery of rehabilitative services to our clients.
- We believe that clients should be held answerable to their victims and the community whom they have harmed by their actions.
- We believe that all people possess strengths and have the potential to make positive changes and better decisions in their lives.
- We believe that clients can learn to take personal responsibility for their actions through the use of graduated responses.
Our beliefs about our Staff and Department:
- We believe employees shall strive for professional excellence for themselves and the Department.
- We believe employees shall perform their duties with honesty, integrity and professionalism that is free of any form of bias or discrimination.
- We believe employees shall embrace and strive to understand issues of cultural diversity amongst our clients and staff.
We believe that staff shall be an agent and motivator for change by using best practices in the field of probation.