Tompkins County government is committed to creating a diverse and fully inclusive workplace that strengthens our organization and enhances our ability to adapt to change by developing and maintaining:
- An organization-wide understanding and acceptance of the purpose and reasons for diversity;
- Recruitment and retention policies that assure a diverse workforce;
- A workplace environment that is welcoming and supportive of all;
- Awareness, understanding, and education regarding diversity issues;
- Zero tolerance for expressions of discrimination, bias, harassment, or negative stereotyping toward any person or group;
- A workforce ethic that embraces diversity and makes it the norm for all interactions, including delivery of services to the public.
Links to the Workforce Diversity Inclusion Committee and The Diversity Consortium: