2021 Retiree Health Insurance Changes
To view, click the link above then enter this password: Rz3fz*@.
Below, you can find materials addressing some frequently asked questions you may have about the coming changes.
I am Medicare-eligible so I will be moving to the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan. How does that coverage compare to my current plan?
Please see the applicable chart below to see how your current coverage will compare to your coverage under the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan.
- MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan Summary
- Moving from Classic Blue to the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan
- Moving from PPO to the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan
- Moving from Platinum to the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan
I am on a Family plan now, and my spouse is Medicare-Eligible but I am not, so I will be moving to the Platinum Plan. How does that coverage compare to my current plan?
Please see the below chart which compares coverage under all of the County's Non-Medicare-eligible plans (Classic Blue, PPO, Platinum).
How will the cost of my monthly premiums change in 2021? (Medicare and Non-Medicare-Eligible)
Many retirees will see a cost-savings on their premiums in 2021. However, costs will increase for some retirees moving to the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan. Financial assistance may be available through the Medicare Savings Program. Please contact Rodney Maine or Dawn Sprague at the County Office for the Aging at (607) 274-5482 to be evaluated for eligibility.
- Cost changes for those currently on the CLASSIC BLUE PLAN
- Cost changes for those currently on the PPO PLAN
- Cost changes for those currently on the PLATINUM PLAN
Is there anything I need to do, or will these changes be automatic?
If your eligibility for a plan changes in 2021 (for example, if you are Medicare-eligible), you will automatically transfer to the eligible plan option (in this case, the MS4 Medicare Supplement Plan), unless you decide to opt out of County retiree health insurance. However, we will need the below form back from all retirees currently on County retiree health insurance confirming that they are aware of the changes that will be made. This form also asks for your most up-to-date contact information (address, phone number, email address) so we will be able to get in touch with you if needed.
Tompkins County Administration and Human Resources understand that these changes are significant, and we are dedicated to making sure that you understand the coming changes and have the information and resources you need to make an informed decision about how to move forward with your healthcare coverage. Please don't hesitate to reach out to discuss any questions you have. Individual meetings are also an option over the phone, video conferencing, or in-person for local retirees.
Sarah Thomas - Benefits Administrator
- Bereavement Form
- Bereavement Policy
- Direct Deposit Form - Please send completed form to Payroll
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program) Information
- Excused Leave
- Fitness Program and Weight Management Reimbursement Form
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Reimbursement Account (VEBA)
- Health Insurance Waiver
- IT2104 Form (NYS Tax withholding form) - Please send completed form to Payroll
- Medical Leave
- Medical/Prescription Insurance
- Military Leave Policy
- Military Leave of Absence Form
- NYS Deferred Compensation Plan
- NYS Retirement
- Retiree Health Insurance Information
- Reasonable Accomodation Policy
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form - ADA Accommodation
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form - Religious Accommodation
- Reasonable Accommodation Request Form - Domestic Violence Accommodation
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- W-4 Form (Federal Tax withholding form) - Please send completed form to Payroll
FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE INFORMATION
TELEWORK AGREEMENT INFORMATION