Founded in 1793, the village of Trumansburg is located in the Town of Ulysses, once Military Lot #22. It was first named Treman’s Village, after Abner Treman who received a military tract grant of 600 acres, but was renamed Trumansburg—possibly by error--by the U. S. Post Office. The state incorporated the village in 1872. Morse Industries began in Trumansburg in 1866; Robert A. Moog manufactured the electric synthesizer in 1964. Beginning in 1990, the Finger Lakes Grassroots Festival has been held each August at the Trumansburg Fairgrounds.