The following historical maps are available for free download. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and print these maps. Remember to "fit to printable area ." for best results. Interested in more historical images of Tompkins County? Have a look at the Bill Hecht Collection of scanned images of Tompkins County.
Free Historic Maps
- Ithaca, NY 1882 by L.R. Burleigh. Part of an old lithograph.
- Indian Episodes of NYS 1935 by Arthur C. Parker et al. Map of important Native American areas and events in New York State.
- Campus of Cornell University 1928 by Ellen Edmonson. School slogans and limericks borders this interesting map of Cornell.
- Map of Tompkins County 1941 by WM A Munger. Towns, incorporation, and locality centers of the time.
History Center Maps
The following maps are from the collection of the History Center in Tompkins County, Ithaca, New York. Any unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited. Please contact the History Center for authorization to print the maps (please note there is a reproduction fee).
- Ithaca Bird's Eye View 1873
- Ithaca Bird's Eye View 1882
- Revised Map of Bryant Park 1911
- City of Ithaca 1896
- Colton's Railroad New York 1852
- Ithaca Lithograph, S. Currier Lithography
- Ithaca 1840
- Ithaca and Athens Railroad
- Ithaca Manuscript Map
- Lake View Cemetery, 1894, William Webster
- Lansing and Ludlowville Turnpike, 1894, James Reed
- New York State 1796
- Northern Pacific Railway
- Tompkins County 1829, David Burr
- Tompkins County 1903
- Tompkins County 1905
- Tompkins County School Districts 1935
- Tompkins County Child Gazetteer Map
- Tompkins County Soil Map 1905
- Town of Ulysses