- COVID-19 Update: All Office for the Aging business will be conducted by phone as our doors remain closed to the public. If you have an appointment or need services from the Office for the Aging, please call 607-274-5482. Our hours remain Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm. In the case that visitors do come to the office they will be instructed to call the office and staff will assist them. The Personal Emergency Response program medical monitoring will continue as usual and service inquiries will be addressed and prioritized on the phone. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. For more information please see our COVID-19 resource page.
*If you are an older adult or a caregiver and are in need of masks call our office.
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, your point of entry into aging services in Tompkins County. We provide objective and unbiased information regarding the array of services available for older adults and their caregivers. Established in 1975, our mission is to assist older adults and persons with long term care needs to live independently in their homes and communities with quality of life and dignity.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
214 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street (Human Services Annex Building)
Ithaca, NY 14850
Telephone: (607) 274-5482
Recent News/Upcoming Events and Announcements
- Caregiver Workshop June 3, 2020 from 11:00-12:00 pm: Dementia Conversations: Driving, Doctors visits, Legal & Financial Planning
- Registration for our Summer Powerful Tools for Caregivers class is here! The class is being held virtually. Click here for details!
- HEAP has again been extended to June 30th; 3rd emergency HEAP benefit available
- Tompkins County awarded grant from the Health Foundation of Western & Central NY to develop Age Friendly Center of Excellence
- 2019 Needs Assessment Report
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging-2020 proposed plan abstract
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging-2018 Annual Report
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is recruiting volunteers for Tompkins, Schuyler and Chemung counties.
- Age Friendly Ithaca and Tompkins County Action Plan
We offer Language Interpretation services for all of our programs.