Our doors remain closed to the public and business continues to be conducted by phone or appointment only. At this time we request that all members of the public continue to wear masks when you enter the building. For more information on County Operations please read this press release.
If you need services from the Office for the Aging, please call 607-274-5482. Our hours remain Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm. The Personal Emergency Response program will continue as usual and service inquiries will be addressed and prioritized on the phone. Thank you for your understanding.
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, your point of entry into aging services in Tompkins County. We provide objective and unbiased information regarding the array of services available for older adults and their caregivers. Established in 1975, our mission is to assist older adults and persons with long term care needs to live independently in their homes and communities with quality of life and dignity.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm
214 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street (Human Services Annex Building)
Ithaca, NY 14850
Telephone: (607) 274-5482
Recent News/Upcoming Events and Announcements
- Older Americans Month: Communities of Strength
- Participate in Cornell University research of Virtual Reality Gardens
- Age Friendly Center for Excellence Workshop Training Series
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging-2019 Annual Report
- 2019 Needs Assessment Report
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is recruiting volunteers for Tompkins, Schuyler and Chemung counties
- Age Friendly Ithaca and Tompkins County Action Plan
We offer Language Interpretation services for all of our programs.