- COVID-19 Update: All Office for the Aging business continues to be conducted by phone as our doors remain closed to the public. If you need services from the Office for the Aging, please call 607-274-5482. Our hours remain Monday-Friday, 8:30 am -4:30 pm. In the case that visitors do come to the office they will be instructed to call the office and staff will assist them. The Personal Emergency Response program will continue as usual and service inquiries will be addressed and prioritized on the phone. Thank you for your understanding during this challenging time. For more information please see our COVID-19 resource page.
*If you are an older adult or a caregiver and are in need of masks call our office.
Thank you for visiting the Tompkins County Office for the Aging, your point of entry into aging services in Tompkins County. We provide objective and unbiased information regarding the array of services available for older adults and their caregivers. Established in 1975, our mission is to assist older adults and persons with long term care needs to live independently in their homes and communities with quality of life and dignity.
Our office is open Monday through Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
214 W. Martin Luther King Jr./State Street (Human Services Annex Building)
Ithaca, NY 14850
Telephone: (607) 274-5482
Recent News/Upcoming Events and Announcements
- November is National Family Caregivers Month!
- Fall yard work and snow shovelers needed to assist older adults
- Caregivers Workshop Wednesday, November 18th 11am-12pm
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging 2020 Public Hearing
- Tompkins County Office for the Aging-2019 Annual Report
- 2020-2021 HEAP season will open November 2
- Tompkins County awarded grant from the Health Foundation of Western & Central NY to develop Age Friendly Center of Excellence
- 2019 Needs Assessment Report
- Long Term Care Ombudsman Program is recruiting volunteers for Tompkins, Schuyler and Chemung counties
- Age Friendly Ithaca and Tompkins County Action Plan
We offer Language Interpretation services for all of our programs.