****We are now open to the public from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm****
If you are bringing in a recording or civil filing, you will be asked to leave them with us, please attach a Recording/Civil Filing Cover Sheet
If you are coming in for a passport, please call us at 607-274-5431 and make an appointment. Passports will only be processed with an appointment. The passport office is now allowing us to process expedited passports.
Updated processing times are:
Routine - 10 to 12 weeks
Expedited - 4 to 6 weeks
Please note - when you call to make an appointment, we will be asking you the following questions:
- Have you traveled outside the country, or traveled to another state on New York's COVID-19 travel advisory watch list within the last 2 weeks? or
- Reside or have had close contact with anyone who has been outside the country or in a State on the advisory watch list within the last 2 weeks? or
- Have been directed to quarantine, isolate or self-monitor at home for the coronavirus by any doctor, hospital or health agency within the last 2 weeks? or
- Have been diagnosed with, or have had close contact with anyone diagnosed with, COVID-19 within the last 2 weeks; or
- Have flu-like symptoms (including cough, shortness of breath, fever (100 degrees F or higher) chills, headache).
If you answer yes to any of those questions, you will not be allowed in the Courthouse
Tompkins County Clerk
Welcome to Ithaca and Tompkins County!
The Tompkins County Clerk’s Office is located in the Tompkins County Courthouse at 320 N. Tioga St. and the Department of Motor Vehicles is conveniently located at 301 Third Street in the Hancock Plaza.
Both offices are known for our fast-moving lines, quick turnaround of documents, friendly and helpful staff, and ease of access – either in person or online.
Our goal is to provide excellent service to our customers
How may we help you?
Maureen Reynolds, Tompkins County Clerk
Open Monday-Friday: 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM
Please take a minute and let us know how we are doing - click the image above.
Follow us on: